- 1 Who should you send press releases to?
- 2 Who is a press release addressed to?
- 3 Where do companies send press releases?
- 4 What are the different types of press releases?
- 5 Are press releases worth it?
- 6 What is press release example?
- 7 What is the purpose of a police press release?
- 8 How do you end a press release?
- 9 What is the best time to send a press release?
- 10 How many press releases should I send?
- 11 How much does a press release cost?
- 12 What are the features of a press release?
- 13 How do I submit a story to local news?
- 14 What is the difference between press release and press statement?
Who should you send press releases to?
The reporter who covers the release subject matter – business or health, for example — is usually the preferred contact, because you want to get the information into the hands of the person who can best use it.
Who is a press release addressed to?
A press release should read like a news story, written in third-person, citing quotes and sources and containing standard press release information. The standard press release begins with contact information, mostly likely the name, phone number and e-mail address of the person who wrote the release.
Where do companies send press releases?
Press releases are often handled by a company’s public relations (PR) department.
What are the different types of press releases?
Here’s a brief rundown of six common types of press releases:
- General News. This is the most common type of press release.
- Launch Release.
- Event Press Release.
- Product Press Release.
- Executive, Staff And Employee Press Release.
- Expert Position Press Release.
Are press releases worth it?
In the first place, when your press release is genuine news worth story, you have an excellent opportunity of getting the media coverage you seek and to communicate with your audience. It is an amazing and low-cost opportunity to promote your business.
What is press release example?
A press release is an official (written or recorded) statement that a company makes to the news media, and beyond. We are talking about the same thing whether we call it a “press announcement,” a “press release,” or a “news release.”
What is the purpose of a police press release?
The main purpose of all press releases is to promote something significant and specific, and to do so clearly. Beyond that, a press release is a document that adheres to a strict format and serves three marketing and promotional purposes: To notify the media about an event in hopes that they will spread the word.
How do you end a press release?
How to end the press release. Signal the end of the press release with the word “Ends” in bold. After “Ends”, write “For further information, please contact” and list your details or those of an appointed person. Do give a mobile number if you can, so that journalists can contact you easily.
What is the best time to send a press release?
What time should you send your press release? The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm —this is when editors open about one-third of all the emails they’ve received. Early mornings are less effective: open rates drop to 20.5% between 6 and 10 am.
How many press releases should I send?
Press releases that have a time-sensitive topic should be sent at least once-a-week while those that are not time-sensitive. For example, if you a company that is set to launch a new product, you would want to send releases weekly or daily around the date of the launch and shortly after the launch.
How much does a press release cost?
Distributing your press release locally or to most states will cost $350. Targeting your top markets or regionally will bring the price up to $575, and sending your press release nationally will cost around $805. PR newswire also has international distribution options.
What are the features of a press release?
6 Essential Parts of a Press Release
- Headline. The headline, or title, of a press release tells readers what the release is about.
- Summary. This section summarizes the key points of the press release and answer the “Five W’s”of Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
- Date and location.
- End or Close.
How do I submit a story to local news?
1) The simplest format is the the News Outlet giving you an email to submit your news tip/story. The email address will usually be [email protected]_____news.com or [email protected]______news.com. You simply copy down the email address and send them your pitch. 2) The second type of format is a hosted submission box.
What is the difference between press release and press statement?
There is a subtle difference between a press release and a press statement, although organizations often use the two terms interchangeably. A press release is generally used for new information such as an announcement or update. A press statement is utilized for a reactionary statement.