- 1 What is a theatrical resume?
- 2 How long should a Theatre resume be?
- 3 What special skills should I put on my Theatre resume?
- 4 How do you write a Theatre CV?
- 5 What should never go on an acting resume?
- 6 What’s an actor’s resume called?
- 7 How do you list improving on a resume?
- 8 What counts as a special skill?
- 9 What are the key skills of an actor?
- 10 Is acting a skill or talent?
- 11 How do you make your skills sound good on a resume?
- 12 How do you format a musical Theatre resume?
- 13 How do you list Theatre credits on a resume?
- 14 Do you put height and weight on acting resume?
What is a theatrical resume?
Your résumé is a one-page list of your significant theatrical experience—stage roles, training, education—plus your physical description and contact information. Its goal is to help directors know more about you to help them decide if you should be cast. Your headshot is part of the résumé package.
How long should a Theatre resume be?
LENGTH: Always limit your resume to one page. It needs to fit on the back of your 8×10 headshot. PAPER: Use plain paper (white, light cream, or pale gray). You may wish to print the resume on the back of your headshot.
What special skills should I put on my Theatre resume?
Examples of Special Skills for an Acting Resume
- Combat Training.
- Level of Fitness.
- Fluency in another Language.
- Musical Instrument.
How do you write a Theatre CV?
How to write an Acting CV
- Include your contact details, or if you have an agent then their details can go here.
- Include a headshot in colour.
- List your qualifications starting with the most recent and where you received the training.
- List your relevant skills.
- Include any accents that you can speak to a high standard.
What should never go on an acting resume?
Never Do This on Your Acting Résumé!
- This is a brief “NEVER and WTF Were You Thinking!” list.
- NEVER put your Social Security Number on your acting résumé
- NEVER put your physical address on your acting résumé
- NEVER put background roles on your acting résumé
What’s an actor’s resume called?
What is an acting resume? If you have ever tried to apply for a job, any kind of job, then you probably know what curriculum vitae is (CV). Acting CV/résumé is the exact same thing, only tailored to applying specifically for jobs in film, television, stage and commercials as an actor.
How do you list improving on a resume?
Add it to the bottom line of your resume under a section that includes your miscellaneous skills, activities, and qualifications.
What counts as a special skill?
Examples of special skills
- Verbal communication skills. Verbal communication skills are the basis for how you relate to others and convey your feelings and ideas.
- Non-verbal communication skills.
- Soft skills.
- Hard skills.
- Leadership skills.
What are the key skills of an actor?
What skills do I need to be an Actor/Performer?
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work as a team and also individually.
- Good time keeping skills.
- Ability to learn lines/directions.
- Confidence in being in front of an audience.
- Experience in improvisation/ad-libbing.
Is acting a skill or talent?
Acting is a skill. Like most skills it’s aided by natural talent, but that’s not enough.
How do you make your skills sound good on a resume?
Here’s how to put skills on a resume:
- Keep your resume skills relevant to the job you’re targeting.
- Include key skills in a separate skills section.
- Add your work-related skills in the professional experience section.
- Weave the most relevant skills into your resume profile.
- 5. Make sure to add the most in-demand skills.
How do you format a musical Theatre resume?
The Written Resume
- Physical attributes (the most common attributes listed are: eye color, hair color, height, and weight)
- Voice type and/or range.
- Previous roles and shows.
- Relevant experience.
- Special skills.
How do you list Theatre credits on a resume?
List the show, the role you played, and then the location of the theatre. If you have a lot of New York theatre, create a new resume category that says NEW YORK THEATRE, and put the rest under the category REGIONAL THEATRE. COMMERCIALS. If you book a lot of commercials, don’t list them.
Do you put height and weight on acting resume?
Include the web address of your actor website if you have one. Though you shouldn’t put your hair color, eye color, or weight on your resume, you should definitely include your height. Height is important information for the creative team as they need to be able to envision a stage picture.